Recent Patch Notes

The strong winds and showers have meant less time around the patch but I was delighted to finally catch up with the Short-eared Owl that has been hanging around the Humber foreshore at Far Ings. Always a great bird to spend time with :)
There are many Redwing around too at the moment, usually observed feeding on the hawthorn berries. Bullfinch are showing themselves quite a lot too at the moment, but try as I might, have still not managed to get one out fully in the open to photograph!
Short-eared Owl

Blue Tit

Redwing
In general the area is pretty quiet at the moment, but am hoping to get out again this weekend for a wander around, the forecast looks set to improve somewhat. That remains to be seen......

The feeders in my garden are being used regularly, Goldfinches are still visiting in good numbers as well as Blue Tit, Greenfinch, Reed Bunting, Great Tit, Dunnock and House Sparrow. I was happy to add Redwing and Bullfinch to my garden observations today :)